Ms. Higbee’s practice primarily consists of commercial and real estate matters, including real estate litigation, real estate transactions, loan closings, landlord-tenant law, owners association law and property management matters.
She received her Juris Doctor from Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark School of Law. She graduated from Southern Utah State College with degrees in English, business administration and dance. Ms. Higbee was admitted to the State Bar of Nevada in 1989.
Ms. Higbee is a shareholder with the firm. She has an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible peer rating for ethical standards and legal ability. She is currently a member of the Nevada Justice Association and the Clark County Bar Association. Ms. Higbee teaches seminars on various subjects, including commercial leasing, residential landlord-tenant matters, and homeowner association matters and she has authored numerous articles on real estate topics.
Ms. Higbee was raised in Southern Utah. As a form of relaxation away from the law she enjoys boating, playing volleyball and spending time with her family.
Litigation attorneys Terry Coffing and Avece Higbee discuss the hotly-contested Nevada Supreme Court case involving the High Court’s divided decision declaring a portion of HOA liens enjoy a super-priority lien status on real property.
- Homeowner Association Law
- Real Property
- Southern Utah State College
- Brigham Young University
- Nevada 1989
- United States District Court 1989
- Ninth Circuit Court 1989
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada Justice Association
- Southern Nevada Association of Women Attorneys
- National Association of Development Companies
- Mountain States Super Lawyers (Top 50 Women List), 2017
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 (Real Estate Law)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers 2015-2016
- MYVEGAS Magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2015
- Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite (2011, 2015)
- Desert Companion Top Lawyer (Real Estate), 2014
- CCIM Gregg Corlyn Outstanding Member Award (2008)
- Just Make the Call: Be More Than An Email Address To Your Clients - CCIM Perspective, March/April 2016