Ms. Renka is a director at Marquis Aurbach Coffing, practicing as a litigator in both state and federal court with a focus on complex business litigation including guarantor defense. Before joining Marquis Aurbach Coffing, Ms. Renka served as a law clerk to Justice Mark Gibbons at the Nevada Supreme Court.
Ms. Renka was recognized by her peers on the Mountain States Rising Stars list (2014-2015), Desert Companion Top Lawyer – Litigation (2014), and Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite (2014). She has a Superb/Top Attorney Litigation rating with AVVO (the highest rating available).
Ms. Renka received her bachelor of arts degree in English from the University of Richmond, where she graduated magna cum laude and with departmental honors, in 2002. In 2008, Ms. Renka obtained her juris doctor degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, where she graduated summa cum laude. During law school, Ms. Renka was the Editor-in-Chief of the Thomas Jefferson Law Review. She also worked as a Summer Associate for Marquis Aurbach Coffing and interned for Daley & Heft, a civil litigation firm in Solana Beach, California.
Away from work, Ms. Renka enjoys reading, writing, trying new restaurants, soaking up the bright Nevada sunshine, weekends in San Diego, and traveling back east to visit family.
- Real Property
- University of Richmond
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- California 2008
- Nevada 2009
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada Justice Association
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 (Litigation - Real Estate)
- Mountain States Rising Stars 2014-2017
- MYVEGAS Magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2015
- Desert Companion Top Lawyer (Litigation), 2014
- Legal Elite - Nevada Business Magazine, 2014, 2016
- The Presumed Eggshell Plaintiff Rule: Determining Liability When Mental Harm Accompanies Physical Injury, 29 T. Jefferson L. Rev. 289 (2007)
- Striving for Fairness: The One Action Rule and Fair Value Defenses, Nevada Lawyer, January 2014 (co-author)
- Sandpointe: A Divided Decision, Nevada Lawyer, January 2014 (co-author)
- Lingering Deeds of Trust After Judgment Against Guarantors-Lender Double Recovery? Southern Nevada CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) Newsletter, March-April 2014