Mr. Aurbach has spent over 35 years practicing law on commercial litigation relating to real estate, contracts and partnership/corporate disputes including receivership, fiduciary duty and dissolution cases. After 17 years as a Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Judge and an AAA arbitrator, his practice has shifted with an increased emphasis on arbitration and mediation solutions.
After growing up in Las Vegas, Mr. Aurbach graduated from Western Kentucky University in 1973 in Business Administration with a Finance emphasis. Mr. Aurbach then attended University of San Diego School of Law and graduated in 1977 after serving as the Research Editor of the San Diego Law Review.
Mr. Aurbach has arbitrated and litigated numerous jury and bench civil cases which include several corporate and partnership dissolution and receivership cases and the winning of a $5 million breach of contract award after 22 days of arbitration on behalf of a health care provider against an HMO. Mr. Aurbach is a trained commercial arbitrator and mediator, as well as a Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Judge. He is a shareholder in the firm and has achieved an “AV” rating in Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Aurbach has lectured for the Nevada State Bar, the Clark County Bar and various national legal education companies. He has published articles on evictions, mortgage and trust deed foreclosures, repossession of personal property pursuant to the U.C.C., effective use of a trial notebook in personal injury and contract cases, and bankruptcy appeals. His most notable article titles include “How to Grab a Debtor by the Assets and Not Let Go,” “How to Fire Employees Without Making Them Cry” as well as “How to Win Trials with Your Computer Without Looking Like a Total Geek.”
When Mr. Aurbach is not in the office, you can usually find him on the tennis court or with his wife, Leigh, at their condo in Dana Point.
- Dispute Resolution
- Real Property
- Law School University of San Diego, J.D., 1977
- Western Kentucky University, B.S., 1973
- State Bar of Nevada, 1977
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- AV Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018 (Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Real Estate)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007-2017
- MYVEGAS Magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2015
- Desert Companion Top Lawyer (Commercial), 2014
- 2012 Top Lawyers (Commercial Law) in Desert Companion
- Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Judge
- AAA Arbitrator
- The Charging Order: Another Tool in the Post-judgement Remedy Toolkit - Nevada Lawyer, June 2017
- Evolution of the One-Action Rule (Part 1 of 2) Unsecured and Secured Loans - CCIM Perspective, December 2015
- Evolution of the One-Action Rule (Part 2 of 2) Nevada's Response to a Seemingly Unending Quest by a few Lenders to Double Recover- CCIM Perspective, January/February 2016