Terry A. Coffing joined MAC Law in September of 1993 after serving as a summer clerk in 1992. Since his admission to the Minnesota State Bar Association in 1992 and the State Bar of Nevada in 1993, Mr. Coffing has gained a diverse litigation background. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and is one of only 17 trial attorneys certified by the State Bar of Nevada as a civil trial specialist. Mr. Coffing has presided and litigated numerous jury and bench trials in state and federal court in Nevada and in other states. He has obtained several multi-million dollar verdicts and served as defense counsel in multi-million dollar claims on behalf of his client. Prior to coming to MAC, Mr. Coffing served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jack Lehman in the Eighth Judicial District Court of Las Vegas as well as clerking for the United States Bankruptcy Court Judge and the United States Attorneys Office for the District of Minnesota. Currently Mr. Coffing serves as President and Managing Partner of the law firm and is co-chair of the litigation department.
In his spare time Mr. Coffing is an avid golfer, an automotive enthusiast and hockey player. He also enjoys spending time with his wife Jayne, their children, Abigail and Hayden, and their two dogs, Angus and Theo.
Litigation attorneys Terry Coffing and Avece Higbee discuss the hotly-contested Nevada Supreme Court case involving the High Court’s divided decision declaring a portion of HOA liens enjoy a super-priority lien status on real property.
- Intellectual Property
- Real Property
- University of Wisconsin
- Hamline University School of Law
- Nevada 1993
- Minnesota 1992
- State Bar of Nevada
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada Justice Association
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 (Commercial Litigation, First Amendment Law and Litigation-Real Estate)
- Super Lawyers 2007-2016
- MYVEGAS Magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2015
- Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Desert Companion Top Lawyer, 2014
- 2012 Top Lawyers (Media Law) in Desert Companion