“Jack” Chen Juan’s practice includes all forms of litigation including business, commercial, construction, eminent domain, insurance and real estate law. He is frequently retained as local counsel by out of state law firms and companies. He represents local businesses, Fortune 500 companies and governmental agencies. He is also an Administrative Law Judge and Prosecutor for the Nevada State Contractors Board.
Clients also seek Mr. Juan because he speaks Mandarin Chinese. He is a shareholder with the firm, and Chairman of the Construction Department. Mr. Juan represents clients from initial project planning to post-construction claims. An experienced litigator, he successfully defended in Nevada’s first trial under the revised right to repair laws (Gunderson) and before the Nevada Supreme Court (First Light HOA I and First Light HOA II). He helps businesses maximize revenue, protect assets and limit liability, from proper business set-ups to non-compete agreements. He represents plaintiff and defendant businesses in all disputes, including administrative proceedings. His eminent domain practice started two decades ago with the government taking his client’s mobile home parks. He continues representing owners facing condemnations. Given his experience, governmental agencies also retain Mr. Juan on eminent domain projects.
- Real Property
- University of Utah College of Law, J.D. 1997
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.S. 1992
- Nevada 1997
- United States District Court of Nevada 1997
- United States Supreme Court, 2003
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Associated General Contractors
- Las Vegas Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Asian American Group
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America list 2018-2019 (Litigation - Construction) 2019 (Construction Law)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers 2014-2018
- Legal Elite – Nevada Business Magazine, 2017, 2018
- MYVEGAS Magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2015
- 2011-2016 Legal Elite, Southern Nevada's Top Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine.
- Desert Companion Top Lawyer (Construction/Development), 2014
- 2010 Mountain States Rising Stars
- Pro-bono counsel for the Holocaust Survivors Justice Network ("HSJN"), which received the American Bar Association Pro Bono Publico Award
- Pro-Bono Firm of the Year Award during Mr. Juan's tenure as Head of the Pro-Bono Committee for Marquis Aurbach Coffing.
- Mr. Juan was one of twelve individuals honored by the Asian American Group of Las Vegas ("AAG") during its annual 2010 Service Award Dinner banquet. The recipients, professionals in various fields, were recognized for their hard work, perseverance and commitment to their jobs and community. The annual event is held in support of AAG's aim to continue their good work, encourage further community involvement and strive for a community where we are all respected and treated fairly.
- PRO BONO/COMMUNITY SERVICE Mr. Juan is also pro-bono counsel for Helping Hands of Vegas Valley and actively involved with the Asian American Group. His firm won the Pro-Bono Firm of the Year Award during his tenure as Head of the Pro-Bono Committee. Mr. Juan was also a pro-bono counsel for the Holocaust Survivors Justice Network ("HSJN") and successfully obtained compensatory benefits from the German government for a victim of Nazi persecution that performed "voluntary' work. The HSJN eventually received the 2009 American Bar Association Pro Bono Publico Award.
- "10 Things All Contractors Must Know," MODERN CONTRACTOR SOLUTIONS, June, 2010
- "Building Information Modeling: New Technology, New Risks But Apply Common Sense," MODERN CONTRACTOR SOLUTIONS, January, 2010
- "Pay-If-Paid or Paid-When-Paid Clauses and Payment Bonds," MODERN CONTRACTOR SOLUTIONS, August, 2009
- "What is SNDA and Why Care?," MODERN CONTRACTOR SOLUTIONS, June 2009
- "Owner Controlled Insurance Programs," MODERN CONTRACTOR SOLUTIONS, May 2009
- "Construction Defect," M&A 2005
- "Nevada Construction Manual: Making Claims and Getting Paid," M&A 2003
- "Late Fees and Late Rent Payments – There Is A Difference," CCIM News, September / October, 2002
- "Mechanic's Liens In Nevada, Part 2 of 2," CCIM News, July / August 2002
- "Mechanic's Liens In Nevada, Part 1 of 2," CCIM News, May / June 2002
- "Foreign Investment and Real Property Tax Act of 1980," CCIM News, November, December 2001
- "Possible Title Policy Problems From Transferring Property to LLC or Other Legal Entities," CCIM News, October 2000
- "10 Ways to Increase Recovery on a Mechanic's Lien," M&A, Fall 2000
- "Entering the United States," NEVADA LAWYER, November 1999
- "Don't' Forget an Attorneys Fees Provision," BROKER AGENT MAGAZINE, May 1999
- "Eminent Domain and Condemnations," BROKER AGENT MAGAZINE, March 1999
- "Selecting the Right Business Entity," M&A, Spring 1999
- "Can the Government Take My Land," M&A, Fall 1998
- "Airspace Rights," M&A, Spring 1998
- "Environmental Litigation: Coverage Under the Comprehensive General Liability Insurance Policy," JOURNAL OF ENERGY, NATURAL RESOURCES, & ENVIRONMENTAL LAW, Vol. 16, No. 2, 1996
- "The Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995," JOURNAL OF ENERGY, NATURAL RESOURCES, & ENVIRONMENTAL LAW, Vol. 16, No. 2 1996