Attorney Nick Crosby practices in labor and employment law, municipal liability, constitutional law, civil rights (defense) and general civil litigation. Mr. Crosby represents management in labor arbitrations and labor-management proceedings regarding contract interpretation, discipline and discharge matters.
A native of Reno, Nevada, Mr. Crosby attended the University of Nevada, Reno where he received a bachelor of arts degree, with distinction, in journalism with an emphasis in advertising and a minor in marketing. After attending University of Nevada Reno, Mr. Crosby received his juris doctorate from the William S. Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. While at Boyd, Mr. Crosby competed on the National Moot Court Team, advancing to the national finals in 2004 and graduated in the top third of his class. Prior to joining Marquis Aurbach Coffing, Mr. Crosby served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael Douglas during his tenure as a District Court judge.
Mr. Crosby primarily represents public employers and municipalities in binding labor arbitrations regarding grievances challenging discipline of employees who are subject to collective bargaining agreements. Additionally, Mr. Crosby represents public agencies in state and federal court regarding claims arising under the United States Constitution, including claims involving First, Fourth, Fifth, Eighth and Fourteenth Amendment rights. Mr. Crosby is admitted to practice in all courts in the state of Nevada, the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Crosby has litigated over 100 binding labor arbitrations and labor-management proceedings. Additionally, Mr. Crosby has successfully litigated both jury and bench trials in state and federal court.
In his spare time, Mr. Crosby enjoys hunting, camping and spending time with his sons, Austin, Carson and Tyler.
- Civil Rights
- Constitutional Law
- Municipal Liability
- University of Nevada Reno
- William S. Boyd School of Law
- Nevada 2004
- United States District Court, Nevada
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Federal Pro Bono Pilot Committee Member
- Federal Bar Association President (Nevada Chapter)
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Mountain States Super Lawyers 2016-2017
- Lead Counsel Rating (Labor & Employment), 2016
- Mountain States Rising Star 2012-2015
- MYVEGAS Magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2015
- Legal Elite - Nevada Business Magazine, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Desert Companion Top Lawyer (Employment/Labor), 2014