Mr. Hardy’s primary areas of practices include: business litigation; business licensing; intellectual property; trade secret law; cyber law; constitutional law; eminent domain; municipal law; and gaming and regulatory law.
Prior to coming to Marquis Aurbach Coffing, Mr. Hardy served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Federal District Court Judge James C. Mahan. While working for the Federal District Court, Mr. Hardy assisted the Honorable Federal District Court Judge James C. Mahan in his services as Judge Pro Tempore on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in Pasadena, California. Since coming to Marquis Aurbach Coffing, Mr. Hardy has successfully handled jury and bench trials, has obtained multi-million dollar judgments on behalf of his clients, worked on petitions and appeals to the Nevada Supreme Court and obtained gaming and other restricted licenses for restaurants, sports bars, gaming manufacturers and slot route operators.
In his time away from the office, Mr. Hardy enjoys spending time with his family and is an avid outdoorsman.
- Business Licensure
- Intellectual Property
- Real Property
- William S. Boyd School of Law, UNLV, J.D., 2006.
- Weber State University, B.S. in Political Science, 2003.
- Nevada 2006
- United States District Court for Nevada
- Unites States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Unites States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- State Bar of Nevada
- Gaming Law Section
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Clark County Bar Association
- Roseman University, Board Member
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012-2016
- Lead Counsel Rating (Insurance, Civil, Condemnation and Business Law), 2015 - 2016
- MYVEGAS Magazine Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas, 2015
- Desert Companion Top Lawyer (Corporate/Incorporation), 2014
- Vegas Inc. Top Lawyers 2013
- Nevada Business Magazine Legal Elite 2013
- Preservation of Evidence in the Digital Era, CCIM Perspective, September-October 2010
- The Liquor License: Never Drink Alone, CCIM Perspective, September-October 2007
- The Nevada Gaming License: A Gamble You Should Not Make Alone, CCIM Perspective, Mar-Apr 2007
- If I Were Chairman . . . , Global Gaming Business, June 2005