- Real Property
Mr. Hanseen is primarily a litigator practicing all types of appellate and civil litigation including business law, bankruptcy, contractual/transactional law, premises & product liability, personal injury and workers compensation.
Mr. Hanseen graduated magna cum laude from University of the Pacific with a bachelor of arts in sport sciences. He secured his juris doctor from the William S. Boyd School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Hanseen participated in the William S. Boyd School of Law’s legal clinic providing legal services to children and parents in need of assistance dealing with family and education related legal matters. He also spent time working with the Chief Judge of the Nevada Administrative Hearings Division in revising Nevada’s workers’ compensation regulations.
Before joining Marquis Aurbach Coffing, Mr. Hanseen worked at a large Nevada law firm practicing general liability litigation. In addition, prior to and during law school, he spent a brief time playing in the Atlanta Braves minor league organization and worked as a paralegal for five years for two regional law firms handling primarily employee benefits and construction related matters.
Since 2001, Mr. Hanseen has lived in Las Vegas. He has also spent time in California, Utah, Oregon, Wisconsin, and Venezuela. Away from the office, Mr. Hanseen spends the majority of his time with his wife and four daughters. He also enjoys working on non-legal related projects, reading, participating in and watching sports, outdoor activities, and competition of any sort.
- Real Property
- Nevada, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2007
- Clark County Bar Association
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- University of the Pacific
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Sport Sciences
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite, 2018
- Mountain States Rising Stars, 2014-2017
- Edwards v. Mondora, et. al., The United States Federal Court, District of Nevada granted summary judgment in favor of the Defendants. Edwards appealed to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. The Ninth Circuit affirmed the District Court's decision.
- Mona v. Eighth Judicial District Court of the State of Nevada, Supreme Court vacated District Court order as to co-trustee.