Jordan W. Montet
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Defense
Jordan Montet is an experienced litigator who has represented clients in numerous industries on a wide array of legal matters. Ms. Montet focuses her practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis in healthcare law, specifically serving healthcare entities. In addition to working on civil litigation matters, Ms. Montet regularly represents professionals before their respective licensing boards.
Before joining Marquis Aurbach, Ms. Montet worked as a practicing attorney handling a wide range of professional liability, personal injury, general liability, and labor and employment matters. Ms. Montet is experienced assisting companies in the defense of employment discrimination, wage-and-hour class actions, contract disputes, and various tort claims.
Ms. Montet graduated from Auburn University, magna cum laude, with both a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish and Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology in 2012. She received her Juris Doctorate in 2016 from Georgia State University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia, where she graduated cum laude, with a certificate from the Center for Health, Law, and Society specializing in Health Law. While in law school, Jordan served two years as a graduate research assistant and completed a judicial clerkship with Presiding Justice P. Harris Hines of the Georgia Supreme Court. After obtaining her juris doctor, she was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in October 2016. Jordan relocated to Las Vegas, Nevada in the Fall of 2017 and was admitted to the State Bar of Nevada in May 2018. Jordan is admitted to practice before all Nevada state courts, Georgia state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
In her spare time, Ms. Montet can be found cheering on the Auburn Tigers with her two dogs.
- Presiding Justice P. Harris Hines of the Georgia Supreme Court, Judicial Clerkship (2016)
- Georgia, 2016
- Nevada, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2016
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Georgia
- Junior League of Las Vegas
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juris Doctorate - 2016
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Certificate from the Center for Health, Law, and Society specializing in Health Law
- Auburn University
- B.A. - 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish
- Major: Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology
- Travelers in a Dangerous Time: The Do’s and Don’ts of Crossing the United States Border in the Cannabis Age, The National Law Review, October 1, 2018, https://www.natlawreview.com/article/travelers-dangerous-time-do-s-and-don-ts- crossing-united-states-border-cannabis-age, reprinted JD Supra, October 2, 2018
- Moving Toward a Standard of Care for Medical Marijuana, Law 360, June 5, 2018, reprinted The National Law Review, June 8, 2018; https://www.law360.com/articles/1050533/moving-toward-a-standard-of-care-for-medical-marijuana;Get Outlook for iOS