- Real Property
Cody is a shareholder at Marquis Aurbach Coffing where he has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous complex litigation matters while representing a number of the nation’s largest builders. Cody has extensive background and hands on experience in the construction industry. As a former project foreman on multiple private and government commercial and residential projects, he is uniquely qualified to identify and resolve issues from planning to ribbon cutting that present themselves throughout the construction process. Along with Cody’s passion and extensive experience in the construction field, he has also concentrated a significant portion of his practice in the areas of oversight, risk management and insurance coverage issues that relate to the construction field.
While in practice, Cody has been afforded the opportunity to represent clients ranging from private and publicly held corporations, to municipal clients involved in highly sensitive and publicized cases. Cody’s practice of law has brought him experience in a variety of high value and complex matters involving international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Most recently, Cody was integral in settling various multi-million dollar consolidated actions on behalf of an insurance carrier who wrote commercial general liability and workers compensation insurance for Nevada contractors. Further, Cody is currently working to defend claims asserted against private and municipal entities with regard to the largest pipeline expansion project in the history of Clark County, Nevada.
Away from the office, Mr. Mounteer enjoys spending time with his family, and is an avid outdoorsman and boating fanatic.
- Real Property
- Nevada, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2008
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Dean's List
- Weber State University
- B.S. - 2005
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Legal Studies
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America list, 2019-2021 (Commercial Litigation)
- Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine (2014-2018, 2020)
- Mountain States Rising Stars, 2017-2018
- Mountain States Super Lawyers List, 2020
- Southern Nevada Pro Bono Project - 50 Hour Club, 2010
- Southern Nevada Pro Bono Project - 100 Hour Club, 2008