- Real Estate
- Corporate Law
Hayden R.D. Smith
Mr. Smith focuses his practice on complex commercial and real estate transactions, including navigating licensing and zoning regulations. He also serves as corporate counsel for a multinational construction equipment distributor, and several healthcare companies. Mr. Smith began his career as a complex commercial litigator and has leveraged his experience in the courtroom to assisting his clients in strategic corporate structuring. Mr. Smith also believes in giving back to the community and utilizes his proficiency in legal Spanish to serve Spanish-speaking individuals in the community. In 2021 the Legal Aid of Southern Nevada awarded Mr. Smith became part of the 100 Hours Award for over 100 hours of pro bono service given in a single year.
Mr. Smith graduated from the Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School and Marriott School of Business with a joint Juris Doctor and Master's of Public Administration degree, with a finance emphasis. While pursuing his JD/MPA degree, Mr. Smith was selected to serve as a senior editor for the Brigham Young University Law Review and as a solicitations editor for the Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal. Mr. Smith also participated with the Intellectual Property Moot Court team, served as a research assistant to two professors, and served as the chapter president of the Federal Bar Association.
Mr. Smith has also gained significant practical experience while serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge David Sam, U.S. District Court, District of Utah; the Honorable Judges William T. Thurman and Kevin R. Anderson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Utah; and the Honorable Presiding Judge J. Frederic Voros, Utah State Court of Appeals; the Utah Attorney General's Office in conjunction with the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
Prior to law school, Mr. Smith worked in the healthcare financing industry and studied at the University of Utah, where he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History, graduating from the Honors College where he published his honors thesis and a comprehensive report regarding income inequality. During his university studies, Mr. Smith also interned for two U.S. Senators.
Mr. Smith loves spending time with his family, travelling, practicing muay thai and boxing, and training for competitive races.
- Real Estate
- Corporate Law
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- Federal Bar Association
- Licensed Nevada Broker-Salesperson, BS.0145960
- POST Licensing Instructor regarding Land, Property Management, and Taxation.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- Juris Doctor - 04/2019
- Honors: Intellectual Property Moot Court
- Honors: Federal Bar Association, BYU Chapter President, August 2018—December 2019
- Honors: Utah State Bar Bankruptcy Project Student Essay Competition, First Place, June 2017
- Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Business
- MPA, Finance Emphasis – 2019 - 04/2019
- Honors: Marriott School of Business Scholarship
- University of Utah
- Honors BA – 2014
- Honors: Honors College
- Honors: Published Honors Thesis and a comprehensive report about income inequality with an Honors College Think Tank
- Honors: Dean’s List, Research Scholar Distinction
- Mountain States Rising Star List, 2017-2023
- Awarded the Legal Aid of Southern Nevada Badge of Excellence for providing a minimum of 100 hours of pro bono service to the community in Clark County, Nevada.
- Top Rank (Southern Nevada) – Nevada Business Magazine, 2022-2023
- Top Rank (Best Up & Coming) – Nevada Business Magazine, 2022-2023
- Go Dark-Dim Clauses in Conjunction with Landlord Recapture Rights – CCIM, July/August 2021
- Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal, Separating the Wheat from the Tares: the Supreme Court’s Premature Strict Scrutiny of Race-based Remedial Measures in Public Education, 2019 BYU EDUC. & L.J. 95.