- Real Estate
Hayden R.D. Smith
Before joining Marquis Aurbach, Mr. Smith worked as a practicing attorney at a civil litigation law firm in Las Vegas, where he participated in all aspects of litigation, including a complex bench trial. Mr. Smith focuses his practice on commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and serves as corporate counsel to a multinational corporation.
Mr. Smith graduated from the Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School and Marriott School of Business with a joint Juris Doctor and Master's of Public Administration degree, with a finance emphasis. While pursuing his JD/MPA degree, Mr. Smith was selected to serve as a senior editor for the Brigham Young University Law Review and as a solicitations editor for the Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal. Mr. Smith also participated with the Intellectual Property Moot Court team, served as a research assistant to two professors, and served as the chapter president of the Federal Bar Association.
Mr. Smith has also gained significant practical experience while serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge David Sam, U.S. District Court, District of Utah; the Honorable Judges William T. Thurman and Kevin R. Anderson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Utah; and the Honorable Presiding Judge J. Frederic Voros, Utah State Court of Appeals; the Utah Attorney General's Office in conjunction with the National Insurance Crime Bureau; and a pro bono legal clinic that helped Spanish-speaking individuals.
Prior to law school, Mr. Smith worked in the healthcare financing industry and studied at the University of Utah, where he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History, graduating from the Honors College where he published his honors thesis and a comprehensive report regarding income inequality. During his university studies, Mr. Smith also interned for two U.S. Senators and worked as a litigation support intern for a large litigation firm in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Smith loves spending time with his family, travelling, and has recently begun training for olympic-distance triathlons.
- Real Estate
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- Federal Bar Association
- Licensed Nevada Broker-Salesperson, BS.0145960
- POST Licensing Instructor regarding Land, Property Management, and Taxation.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- Juris Doctor - 04/2019
- Honors: Intellectual Property Moot Court
- Honors: Federal Bar Association, BYU Chapter President, August 2018—December 2019
- Honors: Utah State Bar Bankruptcy Project Student Essay Competition, First Place, June 2017
- Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Business
- MPA, Finance Emphasis – 2019 - 04/2019
- Honors: Marriott School of Business Scholarship
- University of Utah
- Honors BA – 2014
- Honors: Honors College
- Honors: Published Honors Thesis and a comprehensive report about income inequality with an Honors College Think Tank
- Honors: Dean’s List, Research Scholar Distinction
- Awarded the Legal Aid of Southern Nevada Badge of Excellence for providing a minimum of 100 hours of pro bono service to the community in Clark County, Nevada.
- Legal Elite (Top Rank) Best Up and Coming – Nevada Business Magazine, 2022
- Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal, Separating the Wheat from the Tares: the Supreme Court's Premature Strict Scrutiny of Race-based Remedial Measures in Public Education, 2019 BYU EDUC. & L.J. 95.